Monday 2 April 2007

Looking forward

So I've quelled my doubts. I will be having a drink after work on Thursday. But now the serious question - cocktail or glass of red? That was the serious question put to me this afternoon by my colleague D. She will be joining me on Thursday. Shall I take a vote? Your answers on an email to 40daysinthewilderness@gmail.com

In fact I'm a bit worried. In addition to Thursday, I've got a 1994 St Emilion to crack with the husband (mmm... special occasion). Plus perhaps a nice Spanish red my boss, A, brought back last time he was there on a business trip (he interviewed the winery owner). Then my old mate M is coming up with his girlfriend on Sunday, and that might require a few pints...

All this and I'd more or less decided to, not remain teetotal, but certainly have a little more respect for the old liver in future. Will just have to start again. Afterthe weekend.

No comments: